Saturday, July 16, 2011

June


In June I found strongmanwod.com and played with rocks in the Canyon. I did a Turkish get-up and rock-loading AMRAP, then a 100 meters of walking lunges while carrying a big rock. The walking lunges were tough; I set the rock down 9 times, which meant I had to do 36 burpees - 4 each time.
CrossFit Flagstaff followed the CF Games Regionals WODs & I did WODs 1, 2, 5 & 6. Wod #2 was a Thruster ladder, starting at 145#(which was a PR for me) and making 10 pound jumps every 30 seconds. I got up to 155#(PR!) on the ladder and failed at 165# during the workout. After a few minutes of rest, I was able to lift 165#(PR!). I was pretty happy with my performance on #5 - a WOD called Amanda. It's 9-7-5 rep rounds of muscle-ups and snatches. I scaled to 115# snatches and kept the rings low for my muscle-ups. I got to the last round in the 15 minute cap, but still had 2 muscle-ups and 5 snatches left. I was not disappointed, though, since it was the first time I'd done muscle-ups as part of a timed workout.
I made a sandbag to use in the Canyon and played around with shouldering and squatting with the bag, get-ups, and threw in some burpees and handstand pushups for good measure. I was pretty fired up at the completion of my 5/3/1 Squat cycle, when I squatted 103kg for 8 reps.

No comments:

Post a Comment