Sunday, October 25, 2009

OCT 25 2009 - Reunion with "Fran"

Today I tried my hand at Olympic lifting. I'm trying to get the hang of the full squat snatch and clean & jerk. I worked up to a heavy single rep of each, then buckled down for a familiar workout - "Fran." It's been a while, so I had to scale it down a bit.

15 Thrusters (35kg)
15 Pullups
12 Thrusters
12 Pullups
9 Thrusters
9 Pullups

For those not familiar with CrossFit, a thruster (a.k.a. squat press) is a front squat with a push press at the top. I scaled the weight back to 35 kg. I also cut the reps back and limited myself to two breaths if I had to break up a set into smaller groups (which I did on pulups). My goal in reducing the number of reps was to limit the time spent resting, thus keeping intensity up. I finished in 6m:50s. Nothing earthshaking, but I think it'll help me with my pullups. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment