Friday, October 30, 2009

OCT 28 2009 - Quick Kettlebell Complex

I was in a hurry and borrowed this short ketlebell complex from Catalyst Athletics. The word on the web is that they really know their stuff for Olympic lifting. I'm considering trying their posted workouts once they start a new cycle. I hate to jump in halfway through. Here's their site - it's definitely worth a look.

www.cathletics.com

As Many Rounds As Possible in 5 minutes:
2 Left Arm Cleans
2 Left Arm Push Press
2 Left Arm Overhead Lunges
2 Right Arm Cleans
2 Right Arm Push Press
2 Right Arm Overhead Lunges

I used a 20 kg kettlebell. It was heavy enough to drench me in sweat in 7 rounds. Catalyst posted this to be done after several sets of Olympic barbell work. Since I was using it differently (not immediately after strength work), I probably should have used a 24 kg kettlebell. Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment