Friday, December 11, 2009

DEC 11 2009 - Power(less) Cleans

Strength
Power Cleans 5 sets of 3 (67kg)
Strict Chin-ups 3 sets for max reps (7chest+7chin, 4+5, 5+4)

Conditioning
10 x 150m Sprints (on 60sec rest)

My form was a bit squiffy on the power cleans. I've been working up to a 65kg clean & jerk as a regular part of my warmup, but after yesterday's painfest I lacked the snappiness usually present in my cleans. I should have taken video to see how bad it was. But I didn't feel like messing with the camera today.

The chin-ups went better than expected. The fact that I did more than last time means at least I wasn't pulling with my arms on the clean (which is a cardinal sin of weightlifting).

Spirints took between 21.5 and 28 seconds. I have a slight grade on the street, which widened the gap between my splits. Happy it's over. I'm ready for a Guinness float tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment