Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Jan 04 2010 - Where is my motivation?

I put off my workout until it was very cold and dark. Big mistake. I need to lift when the sun is shining and the bar temperature is above freezing.

Strength
Squat 3 sets of 5 reps (105kg)
Press 3 sets of 5 reps (35kg)

Conditioning
5 Rounds as Quickly As Possible
. 20 Ball Slams (20kg KB)
. 10 Broad Jumps

I'm de-loading the press and working back up to my current sticking point of 49kg. Hopefully the lower weight will let me recover fully and break through the barrier.

The broad jumps tired out my low back in a hurry. Kettlebell slams in the garden in winter are less than joyous. Once the bell broke through the frozen layer of ground and started sticking in the mud beneath I had a slippery, colder kettlebell to deal with. Again: work out in sunshine, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment